Here is an article which discusses the problems with NASA's climate data. I referred to this subject in Entry #485 . And now here is what I expected to see, sooner or later: a story discussing the particulars. Who brought this to light? Steve McIntyre, the Canadian scientist who demolished Mann's "Hockey Stick". (Every time I write that I keep misspelling it as "hokey stick". Must be a Freudian slip.) The hottest year since 1880 becomes 1934 instead of 1998, which is now just second; 1921 is third. Four of the 10 hottest years were in the 1930s, only three in the past decade. Claiming that man-made carbon dioxide has caused the natural disasters of recent years makes as much sense as claiming fossil-fuel burning caused the Great Depression. The 15 hottest years since 1880 are spread over seven decades. Eight occurred before atmospheric carbon dioxide began its recent rise; seven occurred afterwards. In other words, there is no discernible trend, no obvious warming of late. Whoops. Little by little the clay foundation beneath the edifice of "global warming=man made=apocalypse" is eroding. Awesome.