#5001: And now, the muffler.
The Jeep's muffler has begun to...resonate...when I am accelerating. Prior to this there was a quiet flatulence coming from the muffler, and when I was under the truck mucking about with the driveshaft I noticed that the muffler was looking a little ratty about the edges.
Muffler from Rockauto.com is about $28, and I'd need two clamps of the right size. I just need to make sure the exhaust pipe is sturdy enough; if it is, then replacing the muffler should be relatively easy.
Nothing is ever easy, though. *sigh*
Speaking of the Jeep, the latest fuel economy figure is much closer to 20 than 18, though I haven't run the numbers yet. This is after replacing the air filter and dumping in a jug of fuel system cleaner; also continuing to use Speedway gasoline rather than Shell. I don't get it, but if that's what it takes, oh well. It may be that Shell is selling E15 rather than E10, and it may be something else. I just don't know.
* * *
The other day I was looking at the sky, and thinking about how much I like the winter constellations. I want to get the telescope out and see the Orion Nebula, if I can, and maybe get a better look at the Pleades while I'm about it.
I still haven't stuck the disk in the computer and read the manual, nor have I got the thing set up. *sigh*
* * *
Well, tomorrow is Saturday, my Wednesday; and I've learned that Sunday is to be the choir's Christmas cantata. I really miss being in choir, especially at Christmastime...but my job precludes it. *sigh*
Muffler from Rockauto.com is about $28, and I'd need two clamps of the right size. I just need to make sure the exhaust pipe is sturdy enough; if it is, then replacing the muffler should be relatively easy.
Nothing is ever easy, though. *sigh*
Speaking of the Jeep, the latest fuel economy figure is much closer to 20 than 18, though I haven't run the numbers yet. This is after replacing the air filter and dumping in a jug of fuel system cleaner; also continuing to use Speedway gasoline rather than Shell. I don't get it, but if that's what it takes, oh well. It may be that Shell is selling E15 rather than E10, and it may be something else. I just don't know.
* * *
The other day I was looking at the sky, and thinking about how much I like the winter constellations. I want to get the telescope out and see the Orion Nebula, if I can, and maybe get a better look at the Pleades while I'm about it.
I still haven't stuck the disk in the computer and read the manual, nor have I got the thing set up. *sigh*
* * *
Well, tomorrow is Saturday, my Wednesday; and I've learned that Sunday is to be the choir's Christmas cantata. I really miss being in choir, especially at Christmastime...but my job precludes it. *sigh*