Starts immediately, runs beautifully (I'm going to dump some carb cleaner in just to make sure) and I took her for a quick spin down the road and it was nice. Replaced the bulb in the tach--that LED bulb is no good for this, not even after I tried sanding down the tips of the LEDs to get better diffusion--and adjusted the headlight a bit. It'll take some more doing for that last, but she's good to go for daytime rides now.
Per Og's suggestion I checked the voltage at the battery with the engine running. He said that if there's AC present it was a good bet that one or more diodes in the rectifier had failed.
I checked it and found AC, but then remembered this, and felt better. Of course the output is going to be AC. I'll still need to check the diodes but I'd bet money they're all good.
Very nice, though, to have her ready to go.