* * *
When I worked there, it was against company policy to go rooting through customer data. And read comment number 7.
* * *
This is why I don't believe polls. The mainstream media is still making up the numbers so they show Trump to be unpopular. They're lying to us.
It's like, when I read Arse Technica, and see an article about computer technology, I can be reasonably certain that it's going to be at least mostly accurate. But when they start talking about climatology, I know it's going to be 100% horseshit. It's the same with the media: I trust them to give a weather forecast or local news, but when it comes to anything political, the filters come on and I am immensely skeptical of anything they report as a fact. I no longer watch TV news, because 90% of it is lies, damned lies, and statistics; the remaining 10% isn't usually worth watching for other reasons.
Then they wonder why newspapers are hemorrhaging money and the NYT has to rent out eight floors of its office building to make ends meet. Hmm.
* * *
One story I've seen bandied about indicates that the "Never Trump" idiots are dismayed that their phones aren't ringing now that Trump is a few days from his inauguration. They need jobs too!
Well, you know? Bed made, lie down, etc? I don't have any sympathy; if you--right out of the gate, and in public, making a great deal of it--say you can't support a candidate, don't be surprised when the elected official declines your services. That's a logical consequence of your actions.
I'm reminded of an exchange from Little Fuzzy, someone (I forget who) admonishing Jack Halloway for his treatment of a Zarathustra Corporation bigwig:
"You weren't very nice to Dr. Kellogg. He's a very important man."
"He's not important to me, and I wasn't nice to him at all."
This is how the real world works: you may be important to someone, but that does not give you license to act like a dickhead, and further when you spend your time distancing yourself from someone do not be surprised and butthurt that your opinions and feelings do not matter to him. You made that choice.
Besides that, these fuckers are delusional:
"Before he won, the conversation was, 'We really would love for you to change your mind and join us,'" Peter Feaver, a National Security Council special adviser under President George W. Bush, said of informal talks with Trump aides. Feaver, who signed both letters, added that, "Since he won . . . the conversation is, 'There likely will be a blacklist of people who signed the letters who won’t themselves be eligible for a post.'"Maybe that was the content of the private discussion, and maybe it wasn't, but the conversation you held in public was that Trump was not your candidate and you would never, never, ever support him in any way. Now that we're a few days from him being sworn in, now suddenly it was a "conversation"? You assholes are so full of shit it's no wonder you can't help spouting it like a broken fire hydrant.
* * *
Speaking of which: it's the 17th, and we have 3 days until inauguration day. Just in case you missed the memo, dissent is now patriotic again, it's okay to insult and oppose and protest everything the President does or says, and as an American it's your duty to find ways to get the incoming President out of power as quickly as possible.
I am not going to miss Boss Tweak, the golfer-in-chief, one bit. And it's going to be amazing fun to watch the lefty heads explode, over and over again, over the next four years. Probably should start a count on public leftist fantasies about presidential assassination.
Just remember, asshats: if you somehow manage to assassinate Trump, you get PENCE as President. Imagine that: President Mike Pence with a majority in both houses of Congress. You might want to think that one over, if the mere mention of the concept hasn't already made you shit your pants.
* * *
The weather, over the past few days, has been unseasonably warm--above freezing--and damp. Most of the time it's been foggy or drizzly or both. Last night, after Mrs. Fungus and I repaired to bed for the evening, we were laying there and FLASH!
Her: What was that?
Me: I don't know; it must've been an emergency vehicle--
Me: Oh, it was lightning.
A thunderstorm in January, onoes the global warmenations. *rolleyes*
I don't really mind that it's not snow, because if all the precipitation we've gotten so far this year had fallen as snow, I'd be pricing snow shoes. And one-way tickets to Florida.
Even the lack of sun isn't really bothering me as much as I would have expected it to. Sunny days, in winter, mean cold, because the clouds trap heat. (And water vapor, not CO2, is the primary greenhouse gas in our atmosphere. Compared to the heat retention of water vapor, CO2 is noise.) And I'm glad that it's been above freezing more often than not.
So, yeah--the weather could easily be worse.