atomic_fungus (atomic_fungus) wrote,
atomic_fungus
atomic_fungus

#5598: That's it, I need a break.

So, cleaning out the linen closet--

I had no idea there was so much crap in there. I sorted through the linens, checking for wear and stains, and ended up throwing away about 80% of them because they're shot. The remaining 20% looks like it's in donatable condition, so that's where that will go.

Then, the books.

Nearly all of them are getting donated. I'm not sure what to do with the yearbooks, though--Mom's and Dad's--because high school yearbooks from 1943-1947 (plus a couple of college yearbooks from later years) are mildly interesting to look at but utterly useless otherwise. There are exactly two people in those books with whom I have any kind of connection (guess who) but the rest of them are all strangers, and even the glimpse into the past afforded by old yearbooks is really not all that entertaining. Turns out American high school kids were approximately the same in 1945 as they are now, just with a hell of a lot less overt sex. (Cripes. A guy coming to school in girls' clothes, or coming out as gay, would've been expelled.) And you know, considering that today's public high schools are zoos rather than institutes of learning, I'm not convinced modern schools are better.

As for the yearbooks, I'm torn between donating them and throwing them away. Regardless, they can't stay there; I need those shelves for linens. Well, when in doubt, donate. You never know. I have a pile of other books to donate, too, so it won't be all that much more.

Well: I've finished my lunch, and now it's time to get back to work.
Subscribe

  • #7604: Well, she died doing what she loved, I guess?

    What else can you say? Heavily edited quote: "[R]adical pro-abortion supporter Maria de Valle Gonzalez Lopez died during ... her "dream"…

  • #7603: Absolutely correct

    I have never liked that band. Apparently the music of Rush works well as a contraceptive. The music of Rush is marked by erratic signature changes,…

  • #7602: Still not gonna take it.

    "The flu has mysteriously vanished while the number of people who got covid was within the normal range of the number of people who get the flu…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments