The recipe: Clean the seeds and make sure you get as much pumpkin goo off as possible. Let the seeds dry completely . This is the secret, the step I never knew about; those seeds must be dry before you take the next step. 2 TBSP of melted butter, or your oil of choice; I would have used butter had I had 2 TBSP of it handy, but I would have needed to break out another stick for that, so I used olive oil. Tossed well, added salt, tossed more, spread on foil on cookie sheet. Dusted a little more salt on. (Salt "to taste".) Oven at 300°. Baked for 20 minutes on middle rack, stirred, placed on top rack for another 25 minutes. The seeds came out: a) golden brown b) perfectly salted c) crispy and crunchy but easily chewed The best pumpkin seeds I ever ate, bar none. Even the ones you get in packages are too chewy and too hard. (And too salty.) Makes me wish I had another pumpkin....