Weather site reported -4° when I got up. IR thermometer said -8.8° when pointed at the driveway. Regardless of how you figure the temperature, it's damned cold out there, the coldest it's been all year. Global warming's to blame, of course. * * * Today's my other day off this week. Once today's done, I won't get another one for three whole days . I'll have to work Thu, Fri, and Sat. O, tragedy. ...with New Year's Day being Monday, I'll be off that day, so I'll get two days in a row off again. Then work a day, then Wednesday off. So it won't be until the week after that I work a full week on my regular schedule. I spent yesterday doing very little. A couple of calls per hour, and after an initial surge of e-mails, one or two of those per hour. This resulted in a severe case of googly eyes, leaving me wanting to go lay down somewhere and nap for a while. *sigh* But I persevered, and I stayed awake, and I did my job as best I could. Today I don't have to do that. I have two little chores I need to do, and otherwise I can do what I want. Oh yeah.