1) Arrogance: What is with this "office of the President-elect" nonsense? There's no such damn thing, and by pretending there is, Obama is acting as if he's already in charge of something. He's not; the President-elect has no constitutional authority whatsoever until his inauguration. Although George W. Bush is a "lame duck" President (since his term ends in about 50 days) he is still President and Obama is not . If a national emergency were to arise--even if it arose on January 19--it would be George Bush who would make the critical decisions, and Obama wouldn't have a say at all in how those decisions were made. 2) Stupidity: Then he promptly stuck his foot into his mouth by saying that Nancy Reagan held "seances" in the White House. While Nancy Reagan did consult with an astrologer , it was in fact Hillary Clinton who held the seances. The magnitude of this gaffe was well-demonstrated by the fact that Obama personally called Nancy Reagan and apologized for it. Obama is "Jimmy Carter 2.0" with a "Dan Quayle" plug-in. * * * The laptop is still in its box. I got home from work this morning, ate something, and went right to bed. And I slept all day, getting about 12 hours' worth of sleep in all. Everything was fine last night, except that just as work was about to start I was suddenly seized by a bout of gut malf and had to take two Imodium. About 4 AM my butt was on the floor, and by 6 I just wanted to go to bed. I did move the laptop from the counter to my room, at least, but that was all I had the energy to manage. Assuming that tonight is a typical Saturday night, then, I expect not to do anything to the new laptop until Sunday evening at the earliest. We'll see, I suppose. Still, having to wait until Sunday is better than having to wait until Tuesday. * * * The Anchoress has an image in that post which precisely defines the difference between "unity" and "division", at least according to the press. Apparently it's 1%.