Internment/Resettlement (I/R) Specialists in the Army are primarily responsible for day-to-day operations in a military confinement/correctional facility or detention/internment facility. I/R Specialists provide rehabilitative, health, welfare, and security to U.S. military prisoners within a confinement or correctional facility; conduct inspections; prepare written reports; and coordinate activities of prisoners/internees and staff personnel.
Some of your duties as an Internment/Resettlement Specialist may include:
* Assist with the supervision and management of confinement and detention operations
* Provide external security to confinement/corrections facilities or detention/internment facilities
* Provide counseling and guidance to individual prisoners within a rehabilitative program
* Prepare or review reports and records of prisoners/internees and programs
Job training for an Internment/Resettlement Specialist requires nine weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in a field environment. Some of the skills you'll learn are:
* Military laws and jurisdictions
* Level of Force Procedures
* Unarmed Self-Defense Techniques
* Police Deviance and Ethics Procedures
* Interpersonal Communications Skills
* Close confinement operations
* Search and restraint procedures
* Use of firearms
* Custody and control procedures
Advanced level Internment/Resettlement Specialist provides guidance, supervises and trains other Soldiers within the same discipline. As an advanced level I/R Specialist, you may be involved in:
* Supervise and establish all administrative, logistical and food support operations, confinement/correctional, custodial, treatment, and rehabilitative activities
* Responsible for all personnel working in the confinement/correctional facility, including security, logistical, and administrative management of the prisoner/internee population
* Provide command and control, staff planning, administration/logistical services, and custody/control for the operation of an Enemy Prisoner of War/Civilian Internee (EPW/CI) camp
* Provide command and control, staff planning, administration/logistical services, and custody/control for the operation of detention facility or the operation of a displaced civilian (DC) resettlement facility.
"Displaced civilian resettlement facility"? "Police deviance and Ethics procedures"? What the hell does that mean? Let's strip the bureaucratese from these statements and see what comes out:
"Displaced civilian resettlement facility" parses to "refugee camp" or "concentration camp", depending on who's in charge and how much oversight they have.
"Police deviance and Ethics procedures" parses to either "how not to be a bad cop" or "what to do with uncooperative civilian police forces", again depending on who's in charge and how much oversight they have.
"Civilian internee" can mean civilians from foreign war zones who are being kept prisoner for one reason or another, but how many of those are there now in US custody?
Should we be worried?
* * *
Liberals are butthurt because Glenn Beck made the kind of joke about Pelosi that they made about Bush for eight years.
Because Glenn Beck made a joke about poisoning Pelosi, he is now a "one-man hate machine".
Interesting, isn't it, how liberals scream and cry whenever a conservative uses the exact same sort of "humor" they employ for conservatives? That's why they hate Ann Coulter; not only does she call them nasty names but can actually support her insults with facts.
* * *
White House Chief of
The moderate Democrats have to tread a fine line, particularly ones from heavily Republican districts. Democrats and liberals have decided that now is the time for socialized medicine and don't want anything to stand in the way of it, least of all some recalcitrant Democrats or the will of the people--so liberal groups are pounding the moderates, trying to scare them into voting "yea" rather than "nay".
It's a fact that all the Democrats need to do in order to pass this abortion is for all the Democrats to vote the same way. They don't need Republicans except as political cover; when the plan fails miserably--as all such plans do!--Democrats will be able to say, "Hey, it wasn't just us; the Republicans helped!"
And not even all of them, actually; just enough of them need to vote "yea" and it's law. Obama will sign it so fast he'll set the paper on fire.
The problem from this comes next year, during election season. Emanuel is rightly worried about what Republicans can do with liberal Democrat ads targeting the moderate Democrats: "Last year, so-and-so ran this ad complaining that my opponent was not liberal enough. Is this what you want? To have a representative who is beholden to left-wing nuts?"
Wouldn't it be great if a Republican could actually call liberals what they are?
* * *
Let me say it again: AVOID FLYING IN AIRBUS AIRCRAFT WHEREVER POSSIBLE.
* * *
Today it's hot out, "dog days of summer" hot. This comes after another week of below-average temperatures.
Mom and I did the shopping today, and as we were loading groceries into the Jeep I caught a whiff of the cat food. "Bleagh!" I exploded. "What the hell...? This cat food is bad!"
I sniffed every single 4-pack of cat food and found three which smelled like rotten food. I took them inside to exchange them.
"Hi, I just bought this cat food and it's bad," I told the woman behind the service desk.
"Is that what I smell?" She asked.
"Yeah, it's pretty ripe."
Well, no argument there. Later I realized I could have quipped, "Well, it's not me; I had a shower this week" but I guess it really doesn't matter.