Ep 20 of Saki turned out to be wrong, so while it's downloading I figured I might as well post. (Somehow I got an episode of something called Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S, whatever the hell that is.)
Anyway, this afternoon I took the engine off the engine stand; after House, MD was over I returned to the garage and continued. I got the flywheel mounted, the clutch installed...and had to take them all off again to put the cover plate on (argh) which goes between engine and transmission.
Reinstalled flywheel and clutch, and then put the transmission on. And the starter.
And so here we are: some three months after I originally removed the transmission in order to replace the clutch, the clutch has finally been replaced.
It looks nice, sitting on a furniture dolly and back in one piece.
Wednesday we are having two trees removed from our front yard, so I expect that I won't begin work on replacing the engine until Thursday at the earliest. But at least the damn thing is finally ready!