2 lbs beef, cubed
14 oz can of beef broth
1 cup burgundy (wine)
6 strips bacon
1 large (2.5" diameter) onion, cut into quarters
3-5 raw carrots, peeled and cut into 3" sections
4 oz can mushrooms
1/3 cup flour
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 Tsp. Thyme
1 Tsp. salt
1/4 Tsp. pepper
Coat beef lightly with flour. Fry the bacon, remove and set aside. Brown beef in bacon grease. PUT THE BEEF INTO THE BACON GREASE WITH A SPOON OR SOMETHING SO THE BACON GREASE DOESN'T SPLATTER AND YOU DON'T DEEP-FRY YOUR FINGER(S).
When the meat is browned, dump the contents of the pan into a crock pot. (Beef and everything, including the remaining bacon grease.) Add the broth, wine, spices, onion, mushrooms, carrots, and bacon.
Set crock on "low" and let the stuff simmer for 2-3 hours. Serve over noodles or rice, or with potatos.
Option: when adding the other stuff, add a can of whole potatos.
* * *
Pedophilia is a tool of the left? ...why the hell doesn't this surprise me? It makes perfect sense, since leftism can only function well (as well as it can, anyway) in the absence of any other loyalties. If you're loyal to your parents or Christ or whatever you can't give all your loyalty to the State, after all.
* * *
Again: There has been no "global warming" since 1997. The "concensus" is over.
"We’re now well into the second decade of the pause," said Benny Peiser, director of the Global Warming Policy Foundation. "If we don’t see convincing evidence of global warming by 2015, it will start to become clear whether the models are bunk. And, if they are, the implications for some scientists could be very serious."Considering how much data had to be made up to "prove" that global warming was occurring and was man-made, I think it's already obvious that the models are bunk.
Look: Earth's climate changes all the time. It has changed continuously since the planet accreted from asteroids. It will continue changing long after we're gone.
The problem I have with AGW theory is that climate change is driven by human activity. There's no way in hell that a human-generated 100 ppm change in the atmosphere's composition can be a bigger climate driver than the sun is.
* * *
TSA screens passengers for explosives and stuff after they get off the train rather than before they get on. Oh yeah, that's going to keep a terrorist from blowing up a train, sure.
"Security theater." It's designed solely to get us used to security checkpoints everywhere. Next up? "Your papers, please!"
* * *
This Vox Day post can best be summed up with its concluding paragraph:
What a f-ing tragedy.
The consequences of a Straight-Queer discrimination war are just too terrible to contemplate. Think about those poor straight Hollywood actors, choreographers, interior decorators, Broadway playwrights, elementary school teachers, and Republican senators, who would all find themselves shunned by their peers. I have no doubt it would make life very uncomfortable for Rand Paul and at least five or six other men across the country.
* * *
Spanish airline collapses. Bankrupt--and the EU's response is to fine them. Yeah, fine a company with no money. That'll work.
Maybe Spanair can pay the 9 million euro fine with those little packets of peanuts. That'd be enough peanuts to keep Brussels running for a few years.
Yet another reason not to do business with Bank "of America".
Greece isn't fixed yet. Private investors are being asked to take a 70% "haircut" on the bonds they own; and they're also being asked to accept the other 30% in 30-year bonds with a 4% yield, rather than the 34% of current 10-year Greek bonds.
Small wonder the private investors are balking at this. You buy a government bond with the expectation that you will get your money back at least--not that you'll end up losing 70% of it and then maybe narrowing that loss a bit over the course of 30 years.
It's an unsecured loan, of course, which means that if the borrower (Greece) just decides to skate on the debt the lender (bondholders) have no real recourse; but if Greece skates on the debts a whole lot of things will happen that will ensure that bondholders get at least some of their money back--and probably more than they'll get from a 70% haircut that repays them in bonds that will probably be worthless long before the 30 years is up.
Meanwhile the ECB isn't taking anything like a 50% haircut on the Greek bonds it owes. Why should private investors be singled out?
* * *
So for once the cats didn't wake me up this morning and the phone hasn't run. Of course I have a panic attack! If nothing else is waking me up something has to!